3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
London, City of London - Greater London
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Role Summary for the 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer:
My client are seeking a suitable technical candidate to join their third line End User Technology Infrastructure Team in London supporting globally >3500 employee types and >4000 clients across the businesses. The 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer will join a team of 6 people. This experienced third line team are a focal point of the service delivery and end user operations, which covers infrastructure and security. The team of specialists undertake planning, designing, analysing, deploying, integrating and supporting some of the company’s biggest underpinning systems like Quest IDM, Active Directory, ADFS, Office 365, Azure/MFA, SCCM and McAfee.
For the right candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced media company and be part of an advancing technology department working as part of a 100 strong IT Operations Team. The 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer will experience a rewarding role that blends a mixture of hands on technology support and end user satisfaction whilst often being at the forefront of new technologies.
Role Description / Responsibilities:
This 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer role will be challenging. You will be personable, diplomatic and able to engage with team, peers and vendors alike in a way, which instils confidence while maintaining the values of our IT operation.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will have:
- Have experience of operating within a large corporate technology environment with similar volumes of users mentioned above.
- Have an excellent grounding in how systems and solutions hang together.
- Be astute when it comes to the principles of how their infrastructure interfaces with all other ancillary services e.g. network load balancing principles.
- Have outstanding commutation skills and have a passion for technology.
- Have a positive attitude at all times, both when dealing with colleagues and importantly our customers
- Be able to keep calm under pressure, especially in situations involving business deadlines
- Have experience of working in a large corporate which comes with multiple integrations and complexities across applications and processes
- Have a very strong ITIL driven background. Specifics for a third line team will include focus on Problem Management, Continuous Service Improvement, Risk Management and Change Control methodologies.
- Have experience working with IT Service Management platform e.g. Service Now
- Have experiencing of coaching at multiple levels (e.g. Helpdesk to other 3rd line teams) if required as part of a new technology handover and knowledge refresh.
- Have the skills to isolate, troubleshoot, and resolve utilising all available collaboration tools and techniques including vendors.
- Be proactive and able to assign appropriate priorities while managing workload effectively.
- Be capable of working as part of a team in a challenging and demanding environment.
- Have good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful attention to detail.
- Display a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets.
- Work with internal teams and project teams to facilitate project work-streams when required.
- Act as a custodian and subject matter expert where appropriate, whilst confidently knowing their subject
- Have a keen proactive interest in new technologies and share improvement ideas accordingly with line management. Contribution to team meetings is essential.
- Have awareness of their technologies when it comes to roadmaps – what is on the horizon? Benefits realisation? Upgrade paths and plans.
- Ensure consistent and concise communications in written and verbal form at all times adhering to templates where available e.g. software upgrades, service outages, change control, test plans.
- Have the ability to manage upwards and field questions from senior and line management while managing expectations accordingly.
- Understand and work towards a strategy set out by senior management ensuring we adhere to direction and execute tasks are based on priority to meet strategy deadlines.
- Have an excellent grounding in client, server and file level security to ensure key business data and ‘IP’ is protected accordingly.
Required experience for the Infrastructure Engineer:
- A solid understanding of Active Directory Administration including group policy management, Active Directory recovery and backup strategy. Managing trusts and sites for a globally distributed infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Design & Architecture Understanding feeding into designs, key decisions and deliverables.
- Identity and Access Management support and maintenance
- Managing vendor teams, project teams and suppliers to ensure delivery of our services and improvement initiatives
- Experience and understanding business needs and processes which directly/indirectly related to IDM workflows; the need to standardise processes across the organisation
- Understanding operational, regulatory and other risks related the area of Access Lifecycle Services
- SCCM Software Deployment, Packaging, Reporting, and Site Administration.
- Scripting Powershell.
Advantageous the Infrastructure Engineer will have:
- Office 365 implementation and migration
- Exchange 2010/2016 implementation and migration.
- End Point Security Technologies (McAfee/EPO) and End Point Laptop Encryption (McAfee) for Mac and PC.
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent
- Proven skills in business process design related to Identity and Access Management
- ServiceNow (Service Management ITIL Tool)
- Analytical Skills (Data Manipulation, Reporting, Trending, Pivot Tables/Charts)
- Apple Mac Management Tools (Casper)
- Advanced Networking expertise (TCP/IP)
- Experience of publishing/media industry sector
- ITIL Foundation
- Virtualisation Expertise
- Understanding of monitoring solutions and process flow diagrams
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.