Automation Test Engineer - Selenium, Java, BDD
London, City of London - Greater London
£400 - £425 per day
As the Test Engineer you'll need good Automation skills (Selenium) and Java, BDD skills.
As the Test Engineer you will take ownership of the quality of the web applications. We need a Test Engineer who will enjoy development of test automation suites, as well as creation of test cases and manual testing.
As the Test Engineer you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. As the Test Engineer you will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. As the Test Engineer you'll be working for an innovative and progressive company, with exposure to the latest technologies and opportunities to present at community and tech events. As the Test Engineer you will enjoy a varied and challenging role that only comes from working in an SME.
Test Engineer responsibilities:
- Understand the product requirements and ensure that test strategy is devised in a manner that confirms the requirements specification is met by the product.
- Design and create test cases/scripts.
- Develop automated test scripts, executing and maintaining automated test suites and results analysis using Selenium WebDriver tool.
- Conduct functional, Regression and Usability testing (Manual testing/Automation testing).
- Report defects with detailed clarity and defect tracking using JIRA.
- Create, maintain and execute performance testing using Jmeter tool.
- Prepare and present comprehensive test reports.
- Adopt and maintain existing QA Automation Framework and CI Process.
- Work with offshore and onsite team members.
Test Engineer essential skills & experience:
- Experience with automated testing tools and open source tools. (Selenium)
- Experience in JAVA and Object Oriented programming. (Jmeter is a must)
- Experience in using source code management tools. (STS, Stash, Eclipse and Maven)
- Willing to work with new technologies and QA tools.
- Have extensive knowledge of the Software Testing Lifecycle and good practices.
- Good understanding of Agile methodology and processes associated with it.
If you're a Test Engineer who can commute to St Pauls easily, please apply now.