Data Engineer / BigData Engineer / Hadoop Engineer
London, City of London - Greater London
£75,000 - £90,000 per annum
Multiple Data Engineer/BigData Engineer/Hadoop Engineers are required to work in a newly formed data technology team within a large Digital outfit. Our client have a huge audience across web and mobile products thus having access to huge amounts of data and the insights generated by the newly formed team of Data Engineer/BigData Engineer/Hadoop Engineer will inform the future product strategy.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable data warehousing, data models, and data processing pipelines
- Design and create data dashboards that help to inform business decisions.
- Work with web analytics team to build models for understanding our audience, content and commercial relationships
- Help enforce and continuously improve the clients data engineering and analytics practices, processes, and tools.
- experience of designing and building data warehouses and data modelling pipelines on AWS
- Great attention to detail, understanding the effects of data architecture on BI and analysis, as well as pre-emptively diagnosing potential pain points for stakeholders.
- Preferably has experience of working with large volumes of online user and commercial data.
- Proven ability to work with a variety of different data infrastructure, for example SQL and noSQL databases, Mapreduce/Hadoop, Redshift etc.
- Extensive experience with data processing , including manipulating data with Spark, Scala, Pig, Python, Hive, or even Java etc.
- Experience with designing and building API services
Exciting opportunity to join an emerging Data function with great access to the latest technology.
Fun, smart and easy to work with colleagues! Initial interview slots!