London, City of London - Greater London
£50,000 - £75,000 per annum
As a Data Scientist you will be collaborating with a small group of engineers working on one of the most important and interesting data sets available. As a lead member of our engineering business you will be tackling challenges that make an impact across a huge vertical of businesses and users. Big data is in the core of our projects. You will have the chance to work with one of the highest volume data sets, that is, hundreds of millions products, each one described as a multi-dimensional document. The nature of the dimensions varies significantly, they can contain structured data, unstructured text, images and time-series data. The data is updated in at a high frequency rate, several times a day. The level of challenges this data set introduces can be compared only with the desire to work with it and solve the problems it arises.
- Proficient in data science and analysis.
- Data cleaning, validation, wrangling (munging), and integration.
- Actionable data insights.
- Excellent programming skills, e.g. in Python, C/C++, R, etc.
- Implementation of Machine Learning techniques (e.g. regression, classification, support vector machines, topic modelling, random forests).
- Passion for data analysis and problem solving.
- Strong capacity to learn and experiment.
Responsibilities (projects to participate / problems to solve):
- Information retrieval and indexing.
- Semantic analysis and search in multi-field documents.
- Content (text, image, time-series, ...) categorization and classification.
- Similarity in multidimensional data.
- Relevance and ranking of documents.
- Spelling correction.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured data sets.
- Master or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, etc.).
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (tokenization, entity identification, collocations, syntax/grammar trees, corpus linguistics).
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field.
- Experience in processing web-based large data sets.
- Research and development skills.
- Mathematical and statistical skills.
Enquire today for furthers details!