Lead Devops Engineer, Devops Manager, Operations Manager
London, City of London - Greater London
£80,000 - £100,000 per annum
Lead Systems Engineer /Head of Operations required by a high profile eCommerce company based in London.
Must have experience of working in a digital media environment.
Areas of responsibility:
- Leading the Operations team of 8/10 Devops Systems Engineers; monitoring & managing issues with the live systems, problem resolution, root-cause analysis, upgrade roadmaps, deployment management and security testing.
- Working closely with technical team leads to ensure that development squads have the appropriate operational support and also build and manage a small team of desktop support technicians, covering phone systems, desktops, WAN and LAN network infrastructure.
- This is a senior hands -on role heading up a department that is absolutely critical to the success of the business. The successful candidate will have extremely good team management skills and will have proven ability to lay out technical & operational roadmaps in support of business strategy.
- Minimum 4-5 years of Operational team lead experience in a live commercial environment using AWS as a hosting platform
- Deep experience deploying, maintaining and monitoring high-throughput Java web-based applications
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining enterprise-grade alerting and monitoring systems (for example New Relic, VictorOps)
- Demonstrable commercial DevOps experience working with software development teams to rapidly and frequently deliver high-quality software
- Demonstrable experience of building continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines and automating infrastructure builds (TeamCity, Archiva, Artifactory, Puppet or similar)
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Apache/Tomcat/Oracle/Java stack management
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networking and related protocols
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services suite (EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES, IAM, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with blue-green deployment models
- Familiarity with Agile development processes.
A fantastic role for a fantastic brand and a great package available for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.