Network Analyst / Automation Engineer
£60,000 - £80,000 per annum
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Network Analyst /Automation Engineers drive to implement a DevNet environment to streamline project work into Network Operations.
- Design, deliver and support (within an ITIL framework) the network infrastructure providing high quality Electronic Funds Transfer services to our clients and partners. This span LAN, WAN and security products.
- Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools, scripts and cookbooks.
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations, and as such be ready to constructively and regularly challenge operational methodologies throughout their evolution.
- Support the operation our next generation data-centre networks, with a focus on external aggregation.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work within our Client Network Engineering team to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network in EMEA aligned with other regions (USA, LATAM and APAC)
- Collaborate in an international environment and across teams (Development, System, Network)
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
Essential Skills / Experience Requirements
- At least 5 Years work experience in this discipline or a related industry.
- Proven ability to organise & prioritise multiple tasks daily.
- Experienced in supporting Communications links on a day to day basis.
- Strong skills in producing clear detailed technical documentation.
- Knowledge of Ethernet, DSL, MPLS and wireless services.
- Automation of common network operations with Python and Saltstack/Ansible/Chef/Puppet or other methods
- Experience with monitoring systems and network monitoring tools (CA Spectrum, eHealth, Splunk, Netscout).
- Solid oral and written English allowing for smooth communication in a multinational team (verbal and written)
- Possesses advanced knowledge to install, configure and troubleshoot multiple types of networking hardware, including:
- Cisco 6500, 4500, 4000, and 3750, 3550 Catalyst Series Switches
- Cisco 7000 Nexus Switches
- Cisco, 7200, 3900, 2900, ASR1000 and 4000 Series Routers
- Checkpoint 4000 series appliances
- Possess working knowledge of Load-Balancing on F5 & Citrix Netscaler
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.