Senior Linux Systems Engineer /Administrator
London, City of London - Greater London
£55,000 - £70,000 per annum
Prestigious Media Brand in the City are looking to appoint a Senior Linux Systems Engineer /Administrator to work in a small team of System Administrators with a Linux server estate.
The Infrastructure team has responsibility for:
- Providing production, test and development storage solutions to the business.
- Day-to-day (BAU) Engineering/ administration duties, including both pro-active and re-active support.
- Managing engineering and architecture - the subject matter expert
- Produce project and support documentation of key processes and flow, as well as disaster recovery documentation.
- Work closely with other technology teams to ensure reliability, availability and serviceability of solutions
- Taking part in the on-call rota (additional pay)
- Strong desire to self learn technology which is utilized in the systems and provide technology solution for the business success and flexibility to support
- Linux administration (RHCE, or equivalent experience)
- Strong scripting skills
- Understanding of configuration management (e.g. puppet or similar)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of working on concurrent projects, offering the ability to switch as required
- Commitment to achieve deadlines, offering flexibility to work extended hours when required.
- Chance to learn virtual technologies like VMWare.
A fantastic package and location in a high profile prestigious company based in the heart of the City of London.
If you are interested in applying please forward a copy of your latest CV which has a full description of the technologies you utilise on a daily basis and how you work with them.