Site Reliability Engineer - SME - Linux - Python
London, City of London - Greater London
£70,000 - £90,000 per annum
With responsibility for reliability, automation and other issues related to providing infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineers are hybrid systems and software engineers.
We're interested in doing engineering – not administration. We're responsible for enabling growth and scaling while at all times ensuring the availability of the services we deliver.
- Automate server provisioning in order to support the rapid pace of development and to scale services efficiently.
- Provide first class monitoring of the entire estate in order to facilitate auto-recovery.
- Help ensure user-visible uptime and quality of the services we provide.
- Give guidance to developers in automating routine tasks.
- Build and deploy the tooling that enables us to deliver all of the above.
- Essential: Debian based Linux, Puppet, Git
- Desired: VMWare, Zabbix, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Splunk
- Proficient programming ability in a mainstream systems language such as Perl, Python or Go (not including Bash)
- Experience working in a high-traffic web environment.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- A desire to engineer and not administrate. But - importantly - balance this against short term business needs.
- An understanding of the principles of continuous delivery and how to implement them.
- The ability to span teams and technologies: we're looking for a T-shaped person.
If you are interested in applying please forward a copy of your latest CV which has a full description of the technologies you utilise on a daily basis and how you work with them.