SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
£55,000 per annum
SQL Database Administrator (DBA) - Nottingham to work for this well-established and highly successful business to join its growing team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate how they can add value to the business by explaining and delivering what “best practises” and technical methods they have used and which they can implement to allow us to deliver leading edge web based applications. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled Microsoft SQL DBA to join a fantastic team in a well-known forward-thinking company.
- Database and query performance tuning and optimisation
- Writing transact SQL stored procedures
- Day to day support and administration of all areas of SQL and data warehousing environments
- Data cleansing and data correction work, Performance tuning, capacity planning
- Archiving, backup and restore best practices including security
- Automation of regular reporting and maintenance tasks
- Assisting developers, implementation and support staff with putting together complex database queries
- Establishing and maintaining company standards and guidelines for SQL
- Contributing to product improvements, ease of use, reliability and reducing support levels
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to deliver accurate quality work to agreed timescales, and manage and prioritise own
- Flexibility with working hours and workload including being part of the on-call rota
- Proven experience in a similar role and with a real passion and drive for database administration
- Fluent in Powershell
- MCSA or MCSE data platform qualification
- A great understanding and experience in Microsoft SQL, ideally 2016 including installation, configuration, administration, Availability Groups and Clustering.
- Some level of experience with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Working knowledge of 3rd party SQL Server tools, e.g. Red gate
- Experience of monitoring tools (DPA, SolarWinds, SQL Monitor)
- Database design
- DACPAC Deployments
- Experience of MS SQL 2008 & 2012
- MongoDB administration experience
- An understanding of ISO7001 / TickIT software configuration management
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.