Chief Technology Officer (CTO) - Ecommerce - Retail
Project Management & Business Analysis
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will provide technology vision and leadership for the development, implementation and management of the Technology estate in support of stated business strategy and operations.
This role holds accountability for the running and maintaining of the applications and infrastructure (both on premise and via 3rd party providers) as well as upgrading and expanding the systems and delivery roadmap to improve customer satisfaction and future proof the business from a digital perspective.
The current technology landscape has grown through acquisition and is therefore a diverse set of technologies and applications which is a mix of on premise, cloud, bespoke development and multiple SaaS solutions. The CTO will provide strong leadership across the technology operations ensuring stability and solid governance, whilst also developing the vision to transform and find opportunities to use Technology and leverage digital capabilities to drive Business growth.
- At least 5 years’ experience at CIO/CTO level in a public or private sector organisation of at least 1000 users with proven examples of working with cloud technologies, managed network providers and 3rd party systems integrators
- Experience of working in an e-commerce technology environment with a strong consumer focus, where high volume transactions dominate the expectations on Technology
- Appreciation of working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Proven track record of delivering a Technology transformation programme with a strong element of Digital
- Educated to degree level in a relevant business/science discipline.
- Strong strategic relationship management capabilities. Able to gain trust, respect and confidence quickly and effectively and to provide significant influence at Board level
- Demonstrable outstanding interpersonal skills with strong presence and the ability to impact at all levels of the organisation.
- Well developed and proven leadership and people management skills.
- Ability, using a degree of common sense, to take full account of the business and commercial realities of a situation, to identify priorities and to make sound decisions which take all relevant perspectives into account
- Ability to form and maintain relationships with relevant people inside and outside the organisation, to communicate coherently, clearly and simply, and to gain trust from others whilst engaging people in moving towards the accomplishment of key objectives
- The will, confidence and determination to turn plans into substantive actions and to deliver promised results, whatever the circumstances, difficulties or challenges. The desire to improve continuously
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.