Credit Risk Manager
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£65,000 - £70,000 per annum
The Credit Risk Manager will be responsible for running the Credit Risk & Underwriting business unit. Specifically, key tasks will require the management and oversight of qualitative and quantitative analysis across the Credit Risk team related to new and existing merchant propositions using financial and market information, commercial information collated directly from the customer and transactional data provided by business intelligence providers. Role requires the ability to drive insight from data, assess the financial impact and recommend action. The role will also necessitate active involvement with internal and external stakeholders to enable a high level of merchant risk monitoring and forge strong commercial relationships.
- Quantitative/Qualitative risk assessment and underwriting generating decisions to reduce/control risk.
- Analyses the financial position of clients, taking into account outgoings, dependants and commitments
- Maintain / manage key risk and data metrics of merchant portfolio to ensure credit and transactional processing quality.
- Keep up to date with financial products, legislation and requirements for compliance with the relevant regulatory authority and educate team
- Providing assistance to the VP Risk Management in identifying problem areas and determining appropriate resolution following investigation and analysis.
- Develop, implement, and maintain risk reports/solutions for external and internal stakeholders.
- Represent Credit Risk at cross-functional working groups and represent Credit Risk in front of external audiences
- Partner with Commercial business units on merchant risk related issues.
- General administrative duties to keep business updated on Credit Risk Governance and Policy.
- General line management responsibilities for a team of Credit Risk Analyst’s
- Proven experience matured in a Credit team in commercial banking/acquiring environment
- A demonstrable track record in corporate risk analysis, including balance sheet, P&L and cash flow trends.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, excellent analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Proven line management experience
- An understanding of online payment systems and the broader financial environment
- Ability to produce consistently high quality information within tight deadlines
- Consistently demonstrate effective time management, continually prioritising to meet deadlines
- Take a proactive role in communication to key stakeholders. Clear and articulate communication of credit decisions with an ability to justify such if challenged.
- Strong IT literacy, database extraction and analytical experience SQL and Excel preferred.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.