CTO - E-commerce
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£110,000 - £120,000 per annum
My client, a well respected company within their industry are looking for a CTO to move them into new territory based in Central London a short commute from Waterloo station.
- Provide leadership to technical, modelling and operations teams to ensure technical initiatives are successfully implemented to requirement, time and budget.
- Active participation in the senior leadership forums and events including meetings, presentation and workshops across all office locations.
- Work closely with the CEO, and business units leads to ensure the technology function is aligned to deliver clear business value.
- Ensure system stability, resilience and scalability to meet both the short and long-term needs of the business.
- Define and ensure adherence to technical standards, methodologies, policies, procedures, measures and enhancements so that technical and company goals are achieved;
- Review, where appropriate, technical designs to ensure design choices are fit for purpose, future proofed and conform to development standards.
- Work closely with the Product and Portfolio management teams and ensure technical teams support project management, so that accurate time plans can be established and progress monitored.
- Ensure a robust release and acceptance testing process is in place and adhered to, in order to minimise product failure or issues (across technical and modelling teams) and to ensure effective system support and escalation process is in place so that technical issues are effectively and efficiently recorded, prioritised and resolved.
- Ensure appropriate information security measures are in place to maintain system and information integrity.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure key technical systems can operate in a disaster recovery scenario.
- Define and mitigate risk on all key initiatives to ensure sustainability and long-term success;
Background must cover the following:
- A background of software development, ideally delivering large, low latency web based distributed systems
- A track record of complex software delivery
- A strong enough technical background to command the respect of the technology team, but with a clear customer focus and commercial awareness.
- Experience with managing legacy applications whilst also pushing forward on greenfield projects
- Experience working in B2B and B2C environments, including SaaS implementations
- Experience managing teams working in wide ranging technologies including C# and Java/Scala.
If this sounds of interest and you wish to find out more please contact us.