Economic Research Director
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Limited is a prestigious Japanese Investment Bank in the heart of the City of London is looking to appoint an Economic Research Director specialist of the Russian and Japanese economic market.
Job Functions & Tasks:
- Perform research and gather data for macroeconomic analysis about emerging markets with special focus on Russia
- Providing economic advice to Japanese and UK corporate clients
- Writing reports in English and Japanese on economic trends and forecasts regarding emerging markets to inform investors and support their decisions
- Writing reports on economic trends and forecasts with regard to emerging markets to inform the press and public
- Delivering oral and visual presentations, which non-economist audiences must be able to understand thoroughly in order to inform investment decisions
- Assessing and analysing the economic impact of global events with regard to emerging markets, Russia and Japan
- Preparing and writing briefs for top management of Daiwa Securities (Tokyo) and Daiwa Capital Markets Europe in Japanese and answering top management questions about the emerging markets with special focus on Russia
- To work ad hoc projects for Daiwa Institute of Research Tokyo.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- A good understanding of euro area economics, including data sources, ECB and central bank activity, fiscal and monetary policy, and political developments.
- Practical experience of working as a macro economist within either public or private sectors.
- Some experience of forecasting.
- Postgraduate degree preferable.
Fluency in English, Japanese and Russian at interpreter level
An excellent opportunity and a great environment to work in, this client is based in the heart of the City of London.
This client is happy to wait up to 3mths for the right candidate.