Head of Development and Delivery
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum
Our client, a hugely progressive, ethical business based in Central London, is looking to hire a Head of Development and Delivery.
The Head of Development & Delivery will manage our clients software development team, including in-house and partner resources, to deliver application enhancements, changes, bug fixes and new builds to meet the needs of the business and its customers. The Head of Development & Delivery will ensure adequate resources are available to deliver the planned pipeline of work, and establish necessary relationships with external agencies / partners to allow capacity to be rapidly increased when required. Delivery quality will be a key measure of success, and as such the Head of Development & Delivery will ensure that releases are delivered on time, to scope and to agreed quality metrics. You will be managing and leading a team of 7, with a view to grow.
Background / Experience Needed:
- Six years or more experience in software development, including referenceable experience of the full SDLC.
- At least 2 years’ experience developing with Java, ideally Java 8, Java Enterprise Edition and JPA in a Linux environment. Experience developing with frameworks, libraries and components such as Spring, AngularJS, Hibernate, Neo4j, etc. and the use of Jenkins, SQL ANSI, etc.
- Experience of IntelliJ, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Junit, Cucumber, TDD, BDD, XP/Pair Programming is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of micro-services architecture, and the implementation of REST services.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with an Agile methodology, and at least 1 years’ experience working with a Waterfall methodology.
- It would be preferable to have experience working in a DevOps environment utilising CI / CD, but this can be gained once in role.
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of secure coding practices, such as OWASP.
- Prior experience leading and managing small to medium size teams is preferable, ideally in an SME or Not for Profit style organisation. This should include budgetary control and forecasting
- Experience working with and managing offshore partners.
If this sounds like you and you would like to learn more, please do apply ASAP! Initial interviews will happen next week.