Head of Product
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£90,000 per annum
Overview of the Head of Product role:
Reporting to the VP Product, Digital Wallets, the Head of Product, Remittance Services is responsible for leading a team of Product Managers. In addition, the position is responsible for assessing market needs and trends in remittance proposition, defining product strategy and roadmap from strategic planning to tactical activities for the remittance space, managing product lifecycle and operational requirements, and ensuring successful execution and delivery of business value.
Furthermore, as part of the Product Management team, the Head of Product is called upon to provide leadership, guidance and training to new and existing team members and serve as a subject matter expert in the remittance area. The Head of Product also assists in defining and implementing product management processes, tools and governance procedures, as well as participate in mapping out the overall product roadmap and strategy.
Key Responsibilities for the Head of Product role:
- Developing a solid understanding of the remittance business, supporting processes and systems for all aspects of the groups send money transaction flows
- Providing product leadership and innovation to the organization
- Defining the product strategy from strategic planning to tactical activities for the group remittance portfolio
- Working with business units to help develop the product remittance roadmap to ensure the Company meets its financial targets
- Developing and supporting company-wide adherence to the product development lifecycle (PDLC) and associated processes
- Liaise with the business units to understand requirements, needs and opportunities for customized products and features.
- Reviewing and providing guidance to stakeholders on business cases as needed
- Overseeing functional requirements and supporting User Experience (UX) team in translating those requirements into prototypes and executable end-user specifications
- Keep abreast of and analyze market trends and needs to successfully identify new product development and/or enhancement opportunities that are aligned with organizational objectives
- Communicate proactively with senior management on the group remittance product, their performance and any major issues or changes in the market or competition.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of your staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful development, marketing and integration of the Company’s products.
- Plan and hold regular meetings with assigned project team to communicate requirements, inform of changes and to obtain status updates.
Experience the Head of Product will have:
- Prior product management experience using agile methodology
- Deep understanding in online remittance and related payment flows (at least 3 years working experience in proposition/product leadership role)
- Should have worked as a product lead for a remittance company
- Technical background is a plus
- Capability in market research, product design, analytics and software development
- Experience in implementing third party payment providers
- Experience working with legal, and compliance departments to ensure product compliance with local regulatory and legal requirements while optimizing user experience
- Experience in working with risk/anti-fraud departments to implement seamless KYC and limits schemes
- Understanding of remittance related treasury management is a plus
Skills the Head of Product will have:
- Ability to create and stick to clear KPI’s that work to reduce customer friction
- Capability to understand products with highly complex business logic driven by a very wide range of user needs and local scheme, regulatory and legal requirements
- Able to work within dynamic program with multiple projects running simultaneously
- Ability to respond fast, and make quick but accurate decisions, based on changing empirical landscape and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to thrive in an environment of continuous change, complexity and ambiguity
- Strong leadership and influencing skills – will lead from the front at all times
- Performance orientated – will embrace autonomy and accountability for delivery and results
- Objective orientated – able to focus on outcomes and cumulative success
- Firm and fair – able to marry a strong personal opinion with a deeply collaborative style
- Very financially numerate – be able to understand and interpret data, to be able to make decisions based on data and solid business case rationale but also to be able to draw hypothesis, make decisions and drive action where limited data may be available
- Able to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen
- Have a “Can do” attitude, team player, fun, energetic personality, works well under pressure
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.