Product Manager (Video)
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
This is a great opportunity to join an established and ever growing business which is highly recognised within the media and publishing industry. If you are an experienced Product Manager who has worked on VOD platforms then this could be the right opportunity to develop your career path and work within a vibrant, technical environment.
Video Product Manager responsibilities:
- Own and drive forward the video programme, a strategically important investment area for the company.
- Understand & support product vision across the whole team - be aware of the end goal for a product development and work towards it as the customer and business advocate.
- Deputise for the product manager when required, especially to ensure operational issues with the product are resolved speedily.
- Lead requirements-gathering sessions with various groups of stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product Managers and stakeholders to collect, understand, organise and document business requirements (both functional and non-functional).
- Present requirements to delivery team in form of user stories and also via unwritten communication and verbal explanation throughout the product life cycle.
- Be comfortable communicating technical issues to the business in a way that makes the impact clear.
- Facilitate decision making with stakeholders and the development team. This will include providing clear options about scope, detail of requirements and the solution.
- Investigate and evaluate solutions using a range of approaches, working closely with technical leadership and the business. Manage relationships with both third party suppliers and internal development teams.
- Support, facilitate, or execute acceptance tests, ensuring the delivered solution meets business requirements and agreed quality criteria.
Video Product Manager Essential Skills
- Requirements documenting for various audiences - both technical & non-technical.
- Knowledge/skill in Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding and experience of business analysis skills, techniques, and practices with an eye for detail.
- Able to use documenting & diagramming techniques such as Use Cases, User Stories, User Journeys, UML, Domain Models, Process Flow.
- Analytical: Ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and be able to explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Influencing and communication – Able to effectively manage expectations of stakeholders. Keeps colleagues informed, clear about actions and responsibilities, can communicate effectively at all levels, can persuade others.
Video Product Manager Experience:
- Experience with video publishing, ideally in combination with other content (text, images, image galleries, interactive elements such as polls) on content-led media properties
- Experience with content management systems and online video platforms. Brightcove experience is highly desirable
- Experience gathering information from multiple sources, including vendors, to understand and optimise complex systems
- Has worked in a fast-paced Agile software delivery environment, with relevant technologies, approaches and trends.
- Experience of working in a product-focused role – inputting in what the customer experience should be. Ideally working in a consumer-facing, especially publishing, role.
If you are interested in applying please forward a copy of your latest CV which has a full description of the technologies you utilise on a daily basis and how you work with them.