London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
A leading payments provider in London are looking for a Product Manager to be responsible for building the capabilities needed to enable the Compliance Team to conduct their day to day job and implement solutions in areas related to regulatory, network and payments compliance. The successful candidate will be a proven Agile Product Owner and his/her primary responsibilities will be to create the Product Backlog and drive the Product Backlog of Compliance services, capabilities and API’s. This includes the Product Manager working closely with other product managers, technical leads to ensure these services are active and deliver end user value and work with the business to gather requirements and meet their needs.
Product Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Define and gather business requirements to develop a product roadmap aligned with business objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis
- Partnership with Senior Architects and other Product Managers to create a robust vision for the payments network platform
- Agile Product Owner: working directly with development teams to write stories, groom backlogs and deliver new services and features
- Manage relationships with 3rd party platform component providers
- Owning the platform component from a technical and knowledge perspective, driving the resolution of any bugs or issues that occur and collecting feedback on product requirements from the wider teams
- Act as key product and technology evangelist and authority for platform and APIs, including providing transfer of information and product familiarization on both current product functionality and new product enhancements to internal teams and 3rd party partners
- Stay on top of regulatory development, industry trend and the roadmap to drive better decisions
In addition the Product Manager will be expected to:
- Is proactive in nature and solution orientated with focusing on the needs of the stakeholders and business.
- Be comfortable with numbers to build a business case and be able to understand and interpret data, to be able to make decisions based on data and solid business case rationale but also to be able to draw hypothesis, make decisions and drive action where limited data may be available
- To be able to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out ‘why’ things happen
- Strong knowledge in payment regulations and/or scheme rules including FCA, AML would be preferable.
- To be able to perform ad hoc analysis where required- needs to be able to use Pivot tables; SQL skills/experience desirable (not necessary)
- Passionate about the payment space and have a good understanding of the payment environment.
Product Manager Skill Sets:
- 3-5 years’ experience managing platform products and associated API and SDKs preferably at the payment service provider
- Agile enthusiast: as a successful Product Owner needs to be able to drive value out of an Agile Development Team
- Capability in market research, product design, analytics and software development
- Knowledge of payments, ecommerce and digital content markets desirable with understanding of customer and merchant needs
- Experience working with legal and compliance departments to ensure platform is compliant with local regulatory and legal requirements while optimising user experience
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.