London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£550 per day
A leading payments provider are currently seeking an experience Project Manager with a strong background in the Financial Services and/or Banking sectors with recent experience in either ‘payments’ or ‘cash’. The project manager will be joining a fresh project to implement a new Treasury Management System (TMS) to manage all treasury and cash activities throughout the Group, to include: all cash, banking, funding, financial risk management activities. The system will be heavily integrated into the IT and Product landscapes, which will involve liaising with key internal SME’s, Product Management and Technology stakeholders. The Project Manager will be joining the team at the point the system selection process has completed. You will then be involved from the start of implementation overseeing the detailed scoping, planning, implementation, testing and handover to BAU.
Project Manager Key Responsibilities:
The role will reside within the PMO department assigned to Group Finance. The role requires a project manager comfortable working within a complex matrix environment, engaging with different areas of the business ranging from product, technology, infrastructure, operations, and finance teams.
Project Manager Main duties will involve: -
- Work with wider teams to produce the necessary documentation and plans to deliver the TMS.
- Plan the project, monitor overall progress, manage risks and resolve issues as required to keep the project and tasks on track within the stipulated time frame and budget.
- Ensure stakeholders, team members, and all other related personnel are aware of their respective responsibilities and duties.
- Engage with stakeholders on and off shore to influence and shape the direction of the project to meet set milestones.
- Work with internal teams to ensure product backlogs are aligned to project timescales.
- Manage effective RAID logs ensure appropriate mitigation steps are followed for risks and issues.
- Enforce stringent project governance and change control procedures.
Project Manager Deliverables
- Project Plan (MSP)
- Weekly Status Reports
- RAID Logs
- Change Request Logs
- Financial Tracking
- Resource Forecasts
- Benefit Realisation Tracking
Project Manager Required Experience
- Excellent background within Financial Services and/or Banking with recent experience in ‘payments’ and ‘cash’.
- A strong and seasoned Project Manager who shows confidence and has the right communication skills to work effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong experience working on large transformation projects with solid end-to-end delivery experience.
- Excellent experience managing 3rd party suppliers with strong focus on change control processes and governance.
- Strong expertise managing on and off shore stakeholders.
- Experience working in a global project with dispersed teams operating across numerous time zones.
- Expertise to leverage both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Able to work calm under pressure and can think clearly to address difficult problems.
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner and/or PMP certified.
- Strong experience using standard project management toolsets, ie MSP, Confluence, Jira.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.