London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£600 per day
A leading payments provider in Canary Wharf are seeking a Project Manager who is experienced in the Payments and Financial Services industry, as well as business change and IT development projects. The Project Manager will be comfortable working within a complex stakeholder environment, engaging with different areas of the business ranging from product, technology, infrastructure, operations, finance, sales teams, etc. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all activities assigned to the team are performed in a timely manner, while maintaining the highest quality of performance. This role is execution focused, and will play a key part in driving an established transformation project within the business to successful delivery. The successful Project Manager will be an expert in project management and SDLC methodologies who applies this expertise to daily practice and leads by example.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Identifying and managing project scope, objectives, critical success factors by gaining a thorough understanding of the business requirements
- Conducting Business Analysis to understand business processes required to ensure delivery of intended project results and end-to-end tracking of business requirements
- Leading the identification of critical dependencies and risks likely to impact cost, time, and quality, early in the project life cycle
- Ongoing management and mitigation of risks, issues, and dependencies, escalating as appropriate and owning them through to resolution
- Liaising between Product Management, Development Management, and business stakeholders to foster quality communications
- Working closely with Programme Managers, Subject Matter Experts, Product Managers and key stakeholders to define project scope and requirements in terms of features and capabilities
- Supporting both agile processes and waterfall methodologies within a matrix organization
- Creating and maintaining all project documentation and project plans
- Tracking and reporting project progress to stakeholders with a focus on budget, scope, resources, and schedule
Project Manager Mandatory Skills/Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing change and/or IT development projects using an Agile/Scrum/Waterfall approach
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiar working in a Matrix organization working with scrum teams, executive management, IT, etc.
- Ability to identify, track and manage risk
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, project planning, people and team building skills
- Experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Conflict resolution to understand various obstacles and applying negotiation skills to find optimal solutions
Project Manager Desired skills/qualifications
- Experience in the payment and finance industry and the relations between credit underwriting, risk, ISO’s, channels, partners, etc.
- Experience of implementing reconciliation and settlement automation tools
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to bridge gaps with high-level stakeholders
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE 2, or other Project Management qualification would be considered an advantage
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA and JIRA Agile
- Working knowledge of IT systems, Information Security, and applications.
- Experience working with distributed teams across different locations and time zones in a culturally diverse environment
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.