Service Desk Analyst
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
The role of the Service Desk Analyst comprises of two distinct underpinning business requirements geared around ensuring “First Point of Contact” and “First Contact Resolution” for our customers. The role exists to restore end user technology issues or request completions as soon as possible (either remotely or at desk side);
To provide efficient and effective customer services through the recording and managing telephone and email queries, incidents, or service requests. Aligning to ITIL methodology, providing an efficient and customer focused Helpdesk/Service Desk to the business.
Providing desk-side assistance for “line of business” applications, core device support and operating systems, specifically; desktops, laptops, Apple Mac and the corporate software stack including business applications.
This role is responsible for:
- Responding to telephone and email incidents, queries and service requests in a professional and courteous manner based on an agreed SLA or OLA
- Logging of all works - ensuring incidents, queries and service requests are logged, prioritised, tracked and resolved within predefined Service Levels
- Operating in a flexible mode – being able to seamlessly switch between a telephone/desk-side role as and when required
- Agreeing work priority levels with the customer to ensure customer expectations are managed and the ticket reflects the risk & impact accordingly.
- Investigating incidents where possible either remotely or desk-side, leaning on an agreed toolset to logon to the customer’s machine to perform troubleshooting.
- Correctly routing a ticket to the appropriate team who is able to resolve the incident if first line knowledge or access is not sufficient.
- Dealing with and communicating escalations accordingly.
- Seeking knowledge missing where appropriate, documenting and disseminating the knowledge accordingly.
- Undertaking agreed proactive works which are agreed to maintain our systems thus avoiding tickets being raised by staying “one step ahead”.
- Maintaining and growing relationships across immediate team and wider IT teams to ensure collaborative approach to resolve customer requests as soon as possible.
- Ensure that Information Security considerations and controls are in place which adhere to the Information Security/Computer Policy.
- Align to the threat response procedures defined by the IT Security Team owned by IT Helpdesk Team Lead
- Ensuring customer satisfaction levels are maintained and improved where possible.
- Ensuring a personable desk-side manner with the ability to put users at ease.
- Recognising and adhering to change management processes to protect production environment.
- Manage liaison with suppliers (including internal) to ensure fixes are delivered in a timely fashion
- Manage knowledge accordingly ensuring any missing knowledge gaps are filled
- Understand reoccurring issues and push them into a problem management methodology
- Maintaining a keen proactive interest in new technologies and share improvement ideas accordingly with line management. Contribution to team meetings is a must.
- Ensuring consistent and concise communications in written and verbal form at all times adhering to templates where available e.g. P1 announcements, software upgrades, service outages.
- Managing upwards and fielding questions from senior and line management while managing expectations accordingly.
- Understanding and executing the IT Strategy as set out by the senior management team – understanding how your role fits in with the strategy and challenging where alignment could be improved.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.