Lead Developer - Drupal / PHP
London, City of London - Greater London
£65,000 - £70,000 per annum
As part of the Technology team, you will be required to work across the full software development life cycle to translate business requirements into effective online solutions, using a mixture of traditional and emerging techniques and solutions.
Key responsibilities will focus on taking a leading role in solution analysis, design, development, integration, maintenance and support. This will include; technical requirements definition and working with architecture team, hands-on development, software engineering, development of standards and best practices, quality assurance, coaching and technology and toolset evolution and recommendation.
Reporting to Project Managers and working with a variety of project stakeholders, the role requires the ability to converse and work collaboratively with a mixture of technical and non-technical project participants.
Key Responsibilities - Lead Developer - Drupal/PHP
- Leading in the analysis, design, development, integration, maintenance and support of digital solutions.
- Definition of technical requirements and working with solution architects for online initiatives to help shape the most optimal solution.
- Development of and engineering oversight of the end-to-end components of the solutions.
- Provision of advice and guidance concerning technical solution options and the associated impacts on business processes and objectives.
- Drive recommendations in support of the development of new code or reuse of existing code and technical innovation.
- Peer review and quality assurance of solutions developed by colleagues within the team.
- Definition of development guidelines, standards and best practices to be used in software development
- Assist the Project Manager to coach and mentor colleagues within the team.
- Maintain a keen interest in technology trends and provide recommendations concerning the future technology roadmap of the team
- Report progress on a daily, weekly basis to the Project Manager, and identify/escalate risks and issues, contributing to the effective and timely resolution as required.
- Ownership of the technical risks and issues and the associated analysis to resolve them.
- Respond to project stakeholder requests and questions in a reasonable and timely fashion
- Work closely and collaboratively with project stakeholders and other members of the team to support project phases for User Acceptance Testing and end-to-end integration testing to ensure business requirements are realised.
- Production and maintenance of ongoing documentation relating to technical solution design with the rest of the team
- Adhere to and maintain project development standards, conventions and practices used within the team ensuring quality is maintained.
- Work with other Technology staff including other teams, Operations, and Architects challenging requirements and approaches to ensure solutions are fit for purpose
- Sharing knowledge with other team members to support them in their daily activities.
Skills Needed - Lead Developer - Drupal/PHP
- Strong Drupal, PHP, enterprise experience
- Extensive hands-on web application development
- Excellent understanding of Design Patterns, OOO, SOLID and good coding practices
- Strong background in BDD and TDD - unit testing, mocking frameworks and integration tests
- Good understanding of MVC, Data, ORM, and APIs
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with LAMP stack, SOLR, Elastic search and Caching Technologies
- Experience with Java and Ruby on rails advantageous
- SQL writing skills
- Knowledge of relational databases and DB design best practises
- Experience with MySQL, InnoDB, MariaDB
- No-SQL databases knowledge is advantageous, especially in MongoDB
- Experience of queues, service buses and microservices is advantageous
- Good knowledge and experience using Source Control Management (Git/SVN) and Jenkins.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- System design and solution architecture experience.
- Working with business and technical teams to determine different approaches to support business solutions.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- Ability and desire to coach/mentor others in a team environment.
If you are interested in applying please forward a copy of your latest CV which has a full description of the technologies you utilise on a daily basis and how you work with them.