Python Developer (Full Stack, Flask, S3)
Richmond, Richmond upon Thames - Greater London
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Python Developer benefits:
- Competitive salary in line with experience, plus significant equity share.
- £2k budget to buy whatever kit you need
- Personal development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- Frequent internal hackdays
- Unlimited breakfast goodies and snacks
- Discounts for you or a family member or friend
- Regular after-work activities and team events
As the Python Developer you will need to be experienced with the Full Stack, ideally with AWS/S3 Data Storage. If you're a PHP Developer or a Software Engineer of another discipline and want to learn Python, they're happy to train you up!
Python Developer tech stack:
- Because of the bespoke nature of the product, they’ve had to build pretty much the entire tech stack behind the website, the blend algorithm, the billing and subscription engines, right through to the automation and workflow systems that run the physical fulfilment process in our blending room.
- Their backend tech stack is Python (Flask + SQLAlchemy + Celery) along with some Go, with Redis, MySQL and S3 for data storage.
- The platform itself is comprised of multiple applications and services all hosted in AWS VPC on a mixture of EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda and (increasingly) EC2 Container Service.
- True to their agile philosophy they ship early and often, pushing multiple deployments live every day through CI/CD pipelines.
As the Python Developer you can expect to:
- Use modern runtimes and frameworks as appropriate to build robust supporting backend functionality and services
- Collaborate with development, product, marketing and creative teams, working on dozens of new features and product launches in an agile environment
- Gain an understanding of the business and customers, and use this understanding to inform the decisions you make
- Own the quality of your own work, ensuring appropriate testing and quality approaches are taken
- Improve our development environment and documentation, so that they remain effective as they scale the team
- Contribute, both in ideas and execution, to the ongoing evolution of the architecture and cloud-based infrastructure of the website and the underlying tech platform
If you're a Python Developer or a Full Stack Developer within another discipline and keen to be trained up in Python, please apply now.