London, City of London - Greater London
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Responsibilities - Web Developer
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
Requirements - Web Developer
- At least 3 years’ experience across the full web stack.
- Ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack; can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues. Not afraid of logs and core dumps.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC, RoR, Django)
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- You write tests
- Motivation to understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results.
- Strong understanding of version control, ideally Git
- Experience with running virtual environments using Docker/ Vagrant
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Ideally BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.