London, City of London - Greater London
£45,000 per annum
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- At least 3 years’ experience across the full web stack.
- Ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack; can debug a web application problem single handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues. Not afraid of logs and core dumps.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC, RoR, Django)
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- You write tests
- Motivation to understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results.
- Strong understanding of version control, ideally Git
- Experience with running virtual environments using Docker/ Vagrant
- Reviewing the work of others in order to maintain a good standard of work throughout the department
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.