London, City of London - Greater London
£70,000 - £75,000 per annum
A Data Scientist is required for a leading website who have one of the highest volume data sets, that is, hundreds of millions products, each one described as a multi-dimensional document. As the Data Scientist, you will be collaborating with a small group of engineers working on one of the most important and interesting data sets available. As a lead Data Scientist member of the engineering business you will be tackling challenges that make an impact across a huge vertical of businesses and users. Big data is in the core of the projects.
Data Scientist Requirements:
- Proficient in data science and analysis.
- Data cleaning, validation, wrangling (munging), and integration.
- Actionable data insights.
- Excellent programming skills, e.g. in Python, C/C++, R, etc.
- Implementation of Machine Learning techniques (e.g. regression, classification, support vector machines, topic modelling, random forests).
- Passion for data analysis and problem solving.
- Strong capacity to learn and experiment.
Data Scientist Responsibilities (projects to participate / problems to solve):
- Information retrieval and indexing.
- Semantic analysis and search in multi-field documents.
- Content (text, image, time-series, ...) categorization and classification.
- Similarity in multidimensional data.
- Relevance and ranking of documents.
- Spelling correction.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured data sets.
- Master or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, etc.).
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (tokenization, entity identification, collocations, syntax/grammar trees, corpus linguistics).
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field.
- Experience in processing web-based large data sets.
- Research and development skills.
- Mathematical and statistical skills.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.