DevOps Engineer / Systems Engineer-Global E-commerce Brand
London, City of London - Greater London
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
DevOps Engineer/Systems Engineer urgently required by hugely popular Global e-commerce brand, who are offering huge scope for technical and career progression. The DevOps Engineer/Systems Engineer will join a team that is transitioning from a consulting project based delivery model to a hybrid in-house led product development model consisting of distributed development teams. The successful candidate will be;
- working in a complex mix of technology across AWS, Hosting partners and on-premises DC you will be working to identify any opportunities for improvements in performance and stability
- working with the senior members of the Solutions Team to create an environment that attracts and retains talented engineers
- developing and implementing systems engineering patterns for use by IT teams, especially around automation, measurement and diagnostics
- balance the demands of delivering innovative new solutions with supporting and mentoring engineers to deliver solutions that support distributed software development, automated test regression and the goal of continuous integration
- You will be an expert in one or more of the following technologies, frameworks and design principles: Continuous Integration, Chef, Puppet, AWS, UNIX/Linux, and Java
- You will have keen problem solving skills, deep technical ability and a software engineering mind-set
- The ability to communicate in a positive and engaging way with a variety of individuals is essential
- A degree in a computer science or related discipline is ideal.
Excellent benefits on offer including free lunch every day, 25 days holidays (and can buy & sell), bonus, flexible-working time etc. Please send your CV for more details, telephone interview slots!