Senior DevOps Engineer
£550 - £600 per day
You will be a DevOps engineer within the team that will be instrumental in delivering the technology that leads to wider DevOps adoption across engineering. You will have excellent scripting skills, applied to infrastructure provisioning within AWS. You will be working across many products and engineering teams and be an excellent communicator who can simply get stuff done.
Key Responsibilities as the DevOps Engineer:
- Work with the developers, testers, product managers and sysadmins to improve and automate our software delivery processes.
- Proactively and relentlessly seek opportunities to automate manual process.
- Promote a DevOps culture across the engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with developers, testers, sysadmins and product owners as part of an Agile software delivery team.
- Drive through the full integration of automated workflows into a continuous delivery framework.
Desired Skills as the DevOps Engineer:
- Aptitude for evaluating and embracing new technologies and tooling.
- Experience with virtualisation and cloud technologies like AWS.
- Understanding how to deliver value through infrastructure scripting, tooling, automation, monitoring and logging.
- Experience with container technologies and in depth technical knowledge of Docker
- Understanding of, and experience with, continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment.
- Linux administration experience.
- Experience with setting up deployment pipelines.
- Strong Monitoring skills
- Excellent scripting skills and experience with scripting infrastructure, using tools such as Cloudformation or Ansible.
If you are looking for your next contract role where you can be exposed to the latest technologies as well as work within a positive Agile cross-functional team then please apply !