Senior Systems Engineer
London, City of London - Greater London
£550 per day
Senior System Engineer Role Background:
- The Technical is a team of around 35 in a company of just over 210. We are responsible for all the internal and external systems and the company is growing ********* life can be pretty hectic at times! We are looking for bright, motivated people to join our expanding technical team to deliver superb software in support of our continued growth. Work is a mixture of small business-as-usual changes, small-to-medium sized projects and large development/re-engineering projects. We value creativity, pragmatism, a “can-do” attitude and a willingness to get involved!
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Strong Linux system engineer required for the Operations team. The primary responsibility will be deploying, maintaining and monitoring the production systems to ensure continuity of service for external customers and internal teams. The role will also require close liaison with development and test teams to support product delivery and migration to a continuous integration model, and participation in an out-of-hours emergency support rota is required.
Skills and Technologies Required for the Senior System Engineer:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience with Red Hat or Centos Linux administration
- Good knowledge of Apache & Tomcat; Good knowledge of Bash/Python scripting
- Experience deploying, maintaining and monitoring Java web-based applications
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and related protocols (HTTP/HTTPS/SMTP/FTP/DNS)
- Systems and applications monitoring (Nagios, AppDynamics),
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment pipeline & automation tools (TeamCity, Maven, Puppet, Apache Archiva)
- Familiarity with log archiving and processing (Splunk)
- Oracle/SQL database maintenance experience (backups, etc)
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services suite (EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES, IAM, CloudFormation)
- Experience of performance testing & JVM tuning
- Experience of fault-finding techniques, for example log file analysis
- Experience of a high-volume distributed eCommerce environment
- Experience of automated testing toolsets and procedures
- Experience working closely with Agile development teams
- Familiarity with load testing tools & process
- Familiarity with QA process and procedures, including test automation toolset
The successful Senior Systems Engineer will be comfortable working autonomously and independently. A proactive approach to problem-solving and process issues is essential.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.