London, City of London - Greater London
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
My client is looking for an experienced System Network Administrator to join their team in London.
As System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing infrastructure support to all internal users. This is a highly visible, hands on, user facing role and enables all employees to work effectively by providing the infrastructure they need to perform their jobs. It requires a good knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Windows, Networking, Security and Telephony. Excellent problem-solving skills and an attention to detail are required, along first-class people facing skills.
- Management of Linux for both servers, desktops and virtualisation (CentOS/Ubuntu)
- Management of Network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls.
- Experience with a range of network and authentication protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, NFS, HTTP, DNS, 802.1x, etc)
- Support of all Microsoft based services (AD/DHCP/DNS/GPO/NPS/SCCM).
- Provide out of hours /weekend support as part of an on-call rota.
- Provide a structured, hands-on approach to issue resolution, infrastructure projects and environment management.
- A solid background in Linux (will consider all flavours of Linux), and experience of working in a multi-platform environment (Linux/Windows).
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and Windows.
- Switches, routers, firewalls, ACL’s.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Monitoring software products such as Nagios.
- Automation & Configuration Management tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
- A proactive attitude to systems administration is essential.
- Virtualisation products – Xen/VMWare
- Knowledge of security products such as Snort, IDS.
- MS Active Directory, MS Exchange/O365, SCCM, McAfee antivirus software.
- Checkpoint Firewall knowledge.
- SharePoint and the ability to maintain/configure the SharePoint web pages/libraries/permissions.
- PBX systems such as Asterix.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.