Technical Support Engineer /Desktop Support
London, City of London - Greater London
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Investment Banking client in Central London are looking for a 1st/2nd Line Technical Support Engineer.
- Acting as first point of contact for all staff, ensuring calls are logged and dealt with professionally and within an agreed timeframe escalating to the appropriate resource where necessary
- Ensuring staff are kept up to date with the progress of their support cases through regular communication. Produce monthly reports on logged calls and analyse information, providing 1st line support for hardware, such as, workstations and printers and setting up new users and their equipment.
- Responsible for resolving issues with IT/AV equipment in the meeting rooms and identifying new technical trends.
- You will be involved with IT projects such as coordinating upgrades, arranging and attending meetings,
- promoting the effective use of technology, monitoring of IT systems and keeping support documentation up to date.
- You will be assisting the Facilities Manager with projects such as office moves or building maintenance, purchase and install new hardware and software and maintaining software licensing records, contract renewals and other administrative tasks.
- Arrange and attend meetings with vendors or other third parties, undertake personal training when required to support key responsibilities.
- Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory administration
- An understanding of basic networking
- Windows server experience
- Avaya IP Office Phones
- Audio Visual experience
- Small project experience.
A great company with a great career progression and excellent benefits and prospects.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.