Data Protection Officer
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£70,000 - £80,000 per annum
A leading media client in London are looking for a Data Protection Officer to ensure all divisions are continually audited and that all systems and areas of data have been and will continue to be identified and mapped. The Data Protection Officer will work very closely with the UK operation to ensure that they are fully compliant with current data protection legislation and soon to arrive European data protection regulation. As the successful Data Protection Officer you will continue to assess the data held in all business systems on an ongoing basis.
Data Protection Officer Responsibilities:
- To promote privacy by design and require privacy impact assessments when colleagues are considering processing sensitive or personal data
- Measure and report on business operations compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the Head of Operations and senior colleagues
- Work with external consultants, internal data teams and third-party data controllers to document and review processes.
- Look at ways to mitigate risk and highlight any high-risk practices and policies to senior management.
- Work with the Information Security Manager to implement agreed data security policies and ensure relevant monitoring is in place to protect against and check for potential data breaches
- Work with the Technology Advisory Group in the selection of data software, solutions or technology services
- Designing, implementing and testing our response to a data breach
- Articulating the business benefits of Data Protection initiatives to stakeholders ensuring support and buy-in, delivering those initiatives to planned timescales and costs
Data Protection Officer Skills/Knowledge:
- Understanding of current data protection laws and regulations
- Understanding of systems and databases
- Strong organisational skills to multi-task and deal with many ongoing projects
- Highly organised and methodical with an eye for detail
- Computer literate with familiarity with databases.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.