Lead Data Scientist
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£80,000 - £90,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the centre of a world changing startup as we scale from a successful UK and German launch, to multiple international markets alongside some of the most recognised brands in the world. With such a big vision on the table, candidates will need to demonstrate their passion and commitment to developing a clear and well considered data science strategy, whilst also working with the team to build a data led culture that focuses on the creation of user-centric value from our extensive data assets and the delivery of a rapidly evolving product.
Responsibilities as the Lead Data Scientist:
- Play a central role in the planning, growth and leadership of a full data science function within our team.
- Run rigorous experiments to evaluate & explain new features, datasets & models.
- Work with engineers to put research models & pipelines into a production-ready consumer product ecosystem and B2B SaaS platform.
- You will not hesitate from rolling your sleeves and jump head-on into the pools of raw data created by our users in both declared and observed form.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to build, enhance and lead in the creation of our in-house data science libraries & pipelines. These APIs & tools are essential for the future of the business & you’ll have tremendous input into the way they are designed at this early stage.
Requirements as the Lead Data Scientist:
- A strong, quantitative degree/PhD (Maths, Physics, AI/Machine Learning, Statistics etc.)
- Passion for exploration, experimentation, data analysis & machine learning
- Extremely strong coding skills in at least one language, preferably Python.
- Knowledge of the major data science tools and frameworks (python, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow, R, spark, SQL etc.)
Desirable skills as the Lead Data Scientist:
- Experience or strong interest relating to human behaviour, pre-cognition, neuropsychology and/or neuroscience
- Exposure to Geographic information system (GIS) data analysis and its application to non-geographic data sets incl. psychographic and socio economic segmentations.
- Experience applying AI or Machine Learning to multivariate time series or sequential prediction problems (adjusting traditional ML, state space models & gaussian process regression, LSTMs etc.)
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.