London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
A leading software house in London require a Product Manager with a key focus on marketing to help guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. The Product Manager will be building products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and your contact with customers and prospects. As the Product Manager you will have full ownership of product launch strategies, communication of timelines and developing in-life strategies for managing product transition, utilising a data and customer driven approach.
Key Responsibilities for the Product Manager:
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Reviewing and specifying market requirement documents (MRD) for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing product requirement documents (PRD) using information gathered from customer feedback loops, internal teams and market needs.
- Working alongside developers, UX designers, QAs and architects you will guide the teams through problem discovery, customer validation, development, launch and further iteration.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, product strategy and performance/customer/market needs.
- Working with the marketing team to generate strong momentum ahead of new product launches and provide strategies to develop customer demand.
- Analysing potential partner relationships for the product and assessing viability of mutually beneficial partner relationships to create more value for the product line, increase brand awareness and potentially greater market share.
- Support the presales process with business value assessments, various analysis and delivering demonstrations as and when required.
- Conduct analysis of product and business requirements with the competition to leverage key advantages in solutions that will deliver value for our customers over and above the status quo.
- Develop, pilot and implement new customer acquisition and on boarding programs. Understand and measure how marketing acquisition programs contribute to business performance and growth, and builds a loyal customer base.
- Determine product pricing and related revenue models by utilizing market research data; reviewing current costs of development whilst anticipating customer demand.
- Define clear success metrics for product initiatives and measure their outcomes.
- Provide visibility on product performance to key stakeholders in Sales, Finance, Operations and Development by regularly reporting on the success metrics you will have defined.
Product Manager Experience:
- 2-3 years product management experience, particularly in B2B environments.
- Experience working with AGILE software development methodologies e.g. SCRUM.
- Degree in business management and/or marketing desirable.
- Experience working in a software product environment, consultancy or digital agency desirable.
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as JIRA/Confluence desirable
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.