Senior Business Analyst (Discovery Engagement)
London, City of London - Greater London
Project Management & Business Analysis
£75,000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst who is looking to be part of a successful global organisation that is widely recognised as an expert in the delivery of high quality software solutions.
This is important role to ensures complex and long-term projects have an appropriate scope for the allocated time/budget, which is clearly understood by the relevant stakeholders and also aligns to the defined success criteria. Managing client expectation, scope throughout the SDLC and tailoring the BA approach to the needs of project. The role is also integral to the ongoing definition of success for the BA Practice, acting as a mentor for other BAs and advocate for BA techniques and process.
- Discovery Engagements:
- Lead a larger Discovery engagement for custom implementation / platform ie. contribute to the schedule, manage the BA resource and ensure the BA approach is appropriate to the project context
- Lead a typical Discovery engagement for implementation ie. contribute to the schedule, use the standard templates and BA approach.
- Facilitate initial kickoff and stakeholder sessions
- Elicit business benefits / success criteria, requirements and business processes.
- Manage and validate a prioritised Product backlog, NFR catalogue, Data Models, As-Is/To-Be Business Processes and Wireframes.
- Present Intellectual Property as part of Solution Design to the client
- Facilitate Estimation Sessions
- Provide functional expertise in sessions
- Ensure Consensus between technical and business stakeholders
- Present Recommendations and Findings
- Contribute to Delivery SoW, Schedule and Resource Profile
- Establish client relationships
- Support PM and TA / TL
- Delivery Engagements:
- Setup BA Backlog grooming and Delivery processes
- Ensure consistent quality of BA Artefacts
- Represent the BA function at a programme level i.e. define BA resource profile, coordinate cross-project requirements engineering, issue management and progress reporting
- Facilitate Delivery project onboarding, pre-planning, sprint planning, standups, developer questions, scope negotiations and retrospectives
- Contribute to project set up e.g. JIRA, Share and Wiki Setup
- Contribute to the RAID log and client engagement
- Act as the Proxy Product Owner
- Facilitate sign-off of user stories (pre-SoW / CR)
- Nurture client relationship with focus on PO if present
- Maintain BA Artefacts
- Review Manual Test Cases
- Approval Gateway for UAT Releases
- Scope Bugs, Improvements and CRs
- Prepare and deliver the Sprint Demos
- Attend all BA Practice sessions
- Contribute to the definition of new BA Service offerings and capabilities with the HoBA
- Contribute to BA induction ie. Lead a new starter's induction, facilitate probation objectives and provide current project overview
- On occasion chair the BA Practice sessions ie. stand-ups, initiatives, internal training
- Participant in Sales engagements ie. reviewing RfPs, provide BA task estimates and advocating business Services
- Lead End User Training ie. create and deliver material
- Publishing Industry
- Agile SCRUM / KANBAN
- Web technologies
- ISEB / IIBA Certified
- Project Management e.g team coordination, scheduling etc
- Information Architecture
- Organisational Change Management
- Business Strategy
- Alfresco and general CMSs
- UX Principles
- Technical Architecture
Required Education and Training
Required: Degree-level qualification. ISEB / IIBA at least two modules etc.
Desirable: ISEB Diploma. Agile Product Owner Cert.
Some travel will be required to travel to the client's offices for the Delivery projects on a regular basis mainly London based.
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.