Loudwater, High Wycombe (HP10)
Project Management & Business Analysis
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
As the Test Manager you will ensure that projects test outputs to a high-quality standard prior to production release. The QA Lead role will cover technology projects, own the testing scope depth and sign off on quality. The QA lead will be hands on and will also manage internal QAs as needed along with ensuring 3rd party QA activities are effective.
The successful candidate will develop and implement QA strategy across machine software, telemetry and other technology projects. They will advise on best practice QA and how to best automate testing where appropriate working alongside developers and 3rd parties
- Be the primary point of contact by working with project teams across a range of projects and carry out assurance activities on test deliverables.
- Develop and manage defined communication channels, proactively seeking to identify potential demand, and assisting in the gathering and qualification of requirements.
- Work within the Project Delivery Lifecycle ensuring key test activities are met to allow projects to proceed to next phase or in agile to the definition of done.
- Co-ordinate with 3rd party suppliers to assess the scope of testing required for projects.
- Ensure the testing plans match the strategy and all testing collateral including reporting are version controlled and accessible for project stakeholders.
- Understand the test coverage required, phases of testing and highlight any deficiencies and then engage the suppliers and/or internal resources to execute the testing.
- Identify risks & provide mitigation plans and escalate issues in a timely manner to management and project stakeholders.
- Govern the process and ensure the supplier delivers to high quality standards.
- Lead implementation of correct testing practices from project initiation to service transition.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of test automation tools to advise on options across systems and projects and implement where appropriate.
- Possesses a broad knowledge Testing technologies and implementation strategies
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project methodology and managing full lifecycle of programmes from definition to final delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of the testing of Applications, API interfaces and hardware.
- Ideally have experience of Vending machines, telemetry, data, point of sale, ERP, and cloud platforms.
- Experience with various testing tools and a good understanding of the application requirements.
- Experience leading functional / non-functional, integration, regression, user acceptance, operational acceptance, performance and security testing.