London, South East
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven candidate to join a leading company as a Android Developer. As a member of the wider Engineering team you will be expected to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills
You will work in a highly collaborative way and enjoy seeing the impact of your work by creating digital experiences on the web, mobile and tablet applications that are being used by millions of customers every day.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing high quality, user-friendly Android applications.
- Writing clean code, maintaining high coding standards.
- Implementing UI designs.
- Integrating the applications with other systems (using REST JSON APIs and 3rd party SDKs)
- Writing unit, integration and UI tests.
- Releasing applications on the Google Play Store.
- Suggesting improvements to the application (features, UI, UX, code etc.)
- Suggesting improvements to processes (development, PM, QA, CI, etc.)
- Providing estimates of time and effort required to implement requirements.
- Advising stakeholders and project owner on progress.
- Co-ordinating development efforts with other teams.
- Using issue management (JIRA) and version control (Git/Gitlab) systems.
- Live and breathe mobile apps.
- Developed an Android app that you are proud of and is enjoyed by its users.
- Have a passion for clean code.
- Have experience in all aspects of the app development process (from inception to release and beyond)
- Have extensive experience using Android Development
- Find pleasure in dealing with the intricacies of networking, concurrent programming,