AWS DevOps Engineers
We are currently working with a US business who have a globally distributed remote workforce. They have the world's most powerful time series database and analytics engine and they're looking for a AWS DevOps Engineer/s.
Their DevOps engineers team develops the infrastructure behind the hosted solutions and software and data delivery lifecycle. Inside the company, they have two main directions - Cloud and Solutions.
- AWS (some of the services we use are: EKS, EC2, S3, SGW, ASG, ALB, Lambda etc.);
- Terraform and Ansible as an IaC approach;
- Python and Bash for programming and scripting purposes;
- Docker (docker-compose, docker airflow plugin) for contarization;
- Kubernetes (mostly EKS, but GKE and other Kubernetes engines are also being used) for Orchestration and Helm for its management.
- Prometheus, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail, Loki for monitoring, logging and some statistics collection;
- Airflow for product data processing and MLFlow for Machine Learning;
- Jupyter and JupyterHub for data analysis;
- OneTick (time-series database language, which is specific to the financial area);
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving and extending AWS infrastructure;
- Implementing Kubernetes, create and upgrade Helm charts for different services;
- Implementing and improving CI/CD pipelines for our environments, expanding the capabilities of our release mechanism;
- Improving logging and monitoring systems for the existing infrastructure and services;
- Upgrade the current infrastructure with new ideas to reduce costs and increase performance;
- Create architecture from scratch for large PaaS customers minimizing the support needance;
- Helping the developers to simplify and customize the development process;
- Automation of Cloud processes using Terraform and Ansible;
- Helping with troubleshooting in case of AWS related issues.
- Linux experience (Tomcat, NGINX, Apache Web server, etc.).
- Experience with general resources of AWS.
- CI/CD (any tools).
- Experience of working with network tools and protocols.
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Bash + Python, as our data loading scripts are written using this stack (it is not necessary to write them for DevOps, but understanding is always beneficial).
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools is a plus.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Packer and others IaC tools is a plus
- Good communicative skills, being able to explain difficult things in simple words.
- Being eager to learn new technologies (including area-specific).
- Attentiveness, hard-working and goal-oriented mindset (to have the tasks done), opportunity to work both in team and independently.
As the main benefits:
- No bureaucracy
- No time tracking
- Very flexible hours.
The business' main goal is to make employees feel comfortable and have a possibility to express themselves maximizing their performance because of liking what they are working on. All ideas can be realized and all the work that is being done will be used by lots of large companies.