London, South East
£55,000 - £65,000 per annum
£55,000 - £65,000
An eCommerce company based in Central London are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work on a new exciting online project. The Business Analyst will be developing detailed business requirements, technical and functional specifications, system design specifications and subsequently recording and maintaining the necessary documentation as required. Along with this the Business Analyst will be facilitating workshops with multiple stakeholders regularly to gather, analyse and document requirements and map them to solutions that leverage existing functionality and identify gaps and provide specifications accordingly for new functionalities or features.
Technical Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and task and workflow analysis, and suggest solutions where required to address needs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and develop user stories that directly support the primary objective of the project and are appropriate size for iterative development.
- Collaborate with the product management team and engineering team on Sprint Planning and support decision making to help the business accomplish items from backlog.
- Manage backlog by working with the product management team to prioritise defect list, product backlog, and assist the team in breaking down requirements into smaller, more manageable pieces and build it incrementally.
- Analyse business requirements and evaluate the scope to provide practical solutions and ideas on how such requirements can be delivered as part of a Minimum Viable Product.
- Provide daily updates on key metrics to the product management team and other key stakeholders for visibility on progress.
- Participate in the QA process by developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria and performing hand-off to QA.
- At the end of the Sprint, participate with team in review of the product and a retrospective.
- Participate in backlog management and maintain an emphasis on user experience and specifications.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
Business Analyst Skills / Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, external and internal and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills that applies to creating functional specifications that focus on interpreting customer business needs and translating them into technical requirements.
- Good knowledge of data structure and experience of web deployments in respect of S-a-a-S/Cloud based software solutions.
- Ability to understand complex systems and issues and communicate these to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Degree in computer science/engineering or information systems would be desirable.
- Experience working in a software product environment, consultancy or digital agency.
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as JIRA/Confluence and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience working with AGILE software development methodologies e.g. SCRUM
£55,000 - £65,000