C# Backend Developer
Baker Street, London
£70,000 - £90,000 per annum
Hybrid (one day a week (a Wednesday) in London).
Our client is working to evolve the face of investment technology, so they’re building a company that puts people, technology, and innovation at its core.
They’re guided by a single principle – to build world class financial software dedicated to enhancing the performance of active investment managers that adds real business value for their clients.
They serve a client base of the world’s leading hedge funds, asset managers, wealth managers and pension funds, optimizing their investment process by delivering unique insight, while embedding compliance and operational efficiencies within their front, middle and back-office workflows.
Our client’s goal is to consistently deliver high quality, fit for purpose software, on time. You will be central to this process as we seek to continuously enhance the product, satisfy our users, improve the code, and remain at the leading edge of technology adoption.
If you want accountability, a world-class client-base, and a firm where the success of the business is directly affected by your contribution, our client is what you’ve been looking for.
- You will work with our client’s development and QA teams to ensure successful, timely, high quality sprint delivery.
- You will compile and analyse data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- You will collaborate with other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience.
- You will influence decisions around our technical approach and choice of tools.
- You will take ownership of delivery of features from inception through to production on multiple projects.
- You will conduct code reviews and ensure ongoing improvement in code quality.
- You will lead and promote ongoing adoption of development best practices, developing ideas for new features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Problem solver who is prepared to use their initiative and present solutions rather than issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with the flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks in an organised way, and the ability to prioritise and work effectively.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to pivot and adapt to changing requirements whilst maintaining a consistent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working, with a strong work ethic.
- Genuine team player, with a can-do attitude – someone who enjoys working within a team.
- At least 5 years’ experience in C# (.NET Core) development
- SOLID principles
- AWS/Azure experience
- Experience with relational DBs like SQL server, MySQL, Postgres, etc. o Web Sockets
- Mobile app development experience
- NoSQL DBs: DynamoDB or Elastic search
- Devops automation: Docker, Ansible or Terraform
- Misc: Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Agile processes
- Experience within the financial services sector (ideally buy-side) would be an advantage but not a necessity
A great hybrid-working company culture which encourages personal and career development in a team of highly knowledgeable senior developers.
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working considered
- Private healthcare
- Private dental scheme
- Critical illness
- Life assurance
- Group income protection