Data Integration Engineer
£70,000 per annum
Totaljobs/PDIE - 328
We are currently looking for an Integration Engineer for a financial based clientin London, to work on a permanent basis with a team that constantly learns new technology, and teaches new skills.
You will need to be on top of new trends and new capabilities in the domain of database integration and Big Data, and identify effective ways of utilising them to provide a better experience for the banks customers.
The main skills we are looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a business transforming data team
- Strong troubleshooting, performance tuning, and scripting experience
- Knowledge of REST web services and APIs
- Security awareness & practical experience
- Ability to define and implement the working standards and practices for team
- Ability to share knowledge and provide training to colleagues
- Ability to define and contribute towards long term technical roadmap, ability to assess, design and improve system architecture to promote performance and scalability
- Stay abreast of trends and new capabilities in the domain of Database Integration and Big data and identify appropriate and effective ways of utilising them to provide a better customer experience.
- Challenge habitual thinking and use tools to explore alternatives.
- Foster knowledge sharing through centrally publishing documentations, updating operational procedures and data connections.
- Contribute to the development and execution of test plans and scenarios for data integration projects.
- Embraces and drives a continuous learning culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to the success of both their and the wider team’s roles. In particular, a strong focus around PaaS/SaaS cloud offering as a way of reducing our cloud bill whilst improving resilience.
- Commits to involvement in regular performance and development conversations with the Principal Data Integration Engineers and Data Integration Lead and embraces a culture of in-time feedback and coaching
- Experience and interest in systems automation and systems programming
- Interest in distributed computing, Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR, NoSQL dbs, etc).
- Azure knowledge
- Certified in data integration technologies
- Appetite for learning, both on the job, structured and independently
- Working in an agile / DevOps environment
If you have the skills required, please apply to this advert and I will be in touch as soon as I can be. Alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for this type of role, please feel free to pass on my details.