Java Developer / Platform Engineer
£45,000 - £65,000 per annum
My publishing client is seeking a Java Developer that will be responsible for building world class digital products and a deep understanding of the software development processes and craft. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will deliver key components to be used both internally and externally.
Java Developer job responsibilities:
- Build shippable software following Engineering standards in place.
- Ensure the deliveries are on time and of the required quality.
- Help to maintain the high standard of the code by following TDD and BDD.
- Help to design and build solid, efficient, stable APIs.
Java Developer requirements/Skills:
- Passionate about the craft of software development and the delivery of quality digital product. Is able to enthuse others aligning them to adopt and embrace the same characteristics.
- Has direct experience of software delivery within a high web traffic/high volume transactional online / digital / media environment
- Extensive knowledge / experience of core Java (4-5 years) design and development.
- Working knowledge of SOA/microservices (ESB, REST, SOAP, messaging) is desirable
- Strong understanding of Agile practices (TDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration...)
- A strong knowledge of HTML with some front end development experience
If you are the Java Developer we are looking for please apply directly to this advert.