London, South East
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum
What you’ll do, as a Java Developer
This is an opportunity to join a growing development team based in London. With the upcoming move to a cloud first environment, you will be working on a low latency, high volume, ingestion processing platform utilising the latest technologies.
If you are up for the challenge, you will also collaborate across multiple teams collaborating in an agile environment to ensure the best products are created.
Day to day, you will be responsible for: - Java Developer
- Building maintainable, testable, resilient software systems including monitoring and operational impact throughout the process
- Working with the latest cloud technologies with large data sets and challenging projects.
- Owning the end to end software delivery process
- Working alongside Architects and Senior Developers to design the system
- Working as part of a team – mentoring developers and ensuring coding standards are met
You should have knowledge of the following technologies:
Essential: - Java Developer
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Java
- Experience of working in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong communication skills, ambition and a passion for tech
Desired: - Java Developer
- Working with a mixture of RESTful and push APIs (JSON and XML)
- Testing Frameworks e.g. Junit/Mockito
- Experience with working with NoSQL and RDBMS data platforms (e.g. MySQL, Big Table, Big Query, elasticsearch)
- Working with high volumes of data, low latency systems
- Working with distributed systems (RabbitMQ/Kafka/Pub)