London, South East
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Role - Java Developer
Be responsible for the design, development, testing and installation of new product features and functions, as well as the maintenance of existing products.You will provide technical aspects of customer support including API-based data entry to our systems, and integration for new clients, undertake and support operational delivery, and build internal analytics and commercial management controls with the team. In addition to this, you will support testers throughout the SDLC and diagnose/report problems which may occur.Work with management and product teams to expand the scope and technology of the company to provide practical reliable data that their clients grow to rely on.
Scope of Job – Main Responsibilities
Designs, develops, tests, deploys, maintains and improves software. As required:
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming. Maintain Spec docs with linkage to relevant code parts.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Undertake operational delivery of customer work and remedying technical and process issues that might prevent successful delivery.
- Manages technical relationships with external systems partners and leads the integration process.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Advises management on and manages outsourced cloud services and other hardware.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment and committed to continuing professional development and networks.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential and secure and compliant with data protection legislation and meeting the company’s confidentiality and IP requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of customer data and integrity of data outputs.
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarising development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
- Ensures work is delivered to the highest quality standards and quality is controlled.
- Builds knowledge of the company’s specialist sectors to enable optimum product and service provision to customers and internal data analytics for management.
- Contributes freely in team discussions.
Summary of Knowledge, Skills and Experience – Essential
- You will have had at least 5 years working in a professional environment in software development, with delivery of product to market, & knowledge of IT architecture design and maintenance.
- A good understanding of relational databases and knowledge of the use of non-relational databases and other storage, search and retrieval solutions
- An understanding of the business context and data analysis.
- Experience working with web/MVC frameworks, an understanding of the wider networking/web stack and the capability to administer Linux systems and work with cloud providers.
- Ability to design and implement appropriate encryption and backup.
- Experience of agile project management
- Can analyse information and problem solve to effectively debug and design software solutions.
- Experience of software testing, both at the code level with unit/integration testing and at the functional level.
- Awareness and experience of current best practice in software development and customer support and servicing.
- Experience of creating and maintaining version control and quality control/assurance systems.
- Good interdisciplinary communication skills, both within the team and the wider business and externally with customers and their systems providers and technology peers.
- Can work effectively in a team and build personal relationships and trust.