City (EC4Y), City of London
£500 - £700 per day
My Client is looking for a Java Developer with solid banking sector experience. They are searching for someone with strong experience around multi-threading/concurrency, garbage collection, designs principles, algorithms (Including string manipulation and recursion) to join their Development team on a 6 month contract basis.
Based in a desirable part of London and offering a competitive day rate, this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an interesting and lengthy project within an exciting company.
- 5+ years of work experience in commercial back-end Java development (specifically, Web Applications or Trading Applications)
- Knowledge of Java ecosystem (e.g. Dropwizard, Vert.x, Spring)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience digging through complex codebases to understand existing functionality
- Understanding of objected oriented, functional, reactive design principles
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Upper-intermediate English
- Bachelor or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience writing microservices over REST
- Hands-on experience in distributed systems (Apache Kafka/RabbitMQ) a plus
If you are looking for a new contract and feel that this relates to you, then please don't hesitate to apply.