Lead Data Scientist
London, South East
£65,000 - £85,000 per annum
Lead Data Scientist/ NLP
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for researching and building machine learning and natural language processing applications to personalize the platform. This project is based on analyzing anonymized data at internet scale and evaluating more than 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month in real-time. You will work on real-world problems as part of our highly collaborative R&D team, and your solutions will directly and rapidly impact our business. This includes researching and developing models, algorithms, and applications; analyzing raw source data and derived data; presenting findings; and building tools and analyses for new and existing products.
- Develop an understanding of personalization platform and proprietary datasets
- Use your machine learning and natural language processing expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving our technology and business problems, NLP Text & Social analysis,
- Design, implement, and validate your solutions in Apache Spark, Apache Hive, using Scala or Python on a large state-of-the-art cluster
- Work with our Engineering teams to integrate your solutions into platform
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects
- The ideal candidate will possess expertise in Machine Learning and AI , as well as the application of Deep Learning Neural Network Architectures to the fields of Natural Language Processing, Image Processing or Speech to Text.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics.
- Research experience and coursework in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- 2+ years relevant programming experience in an industry environment
- Fluency in programming
- Experience with large data sets
- Strong understanding of statistics and modeling techniques
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
Nice To Have:
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or related technologies
- Familiarity with SQL, Scala, Python, or Java
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Recommender Systems, Mathematical Optimization, Control Theory, Time-Series Analysis