Lead QA Analyst
Richmond (TW10), Richmond
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Lead QA Analyst
As a QA Lead you will be involved in all aspects of software delivery from requirements analysis and creating acceptance tests that will help drive the development process through automation of tests utilising modern tools and techniques to exploratory testing and product releases. You will be working alongside developers and business experts as part of cross functional delivery teams.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Involvement in projects from initiation through to release as an advocate for quality practices throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
- Identifying test cases and analysis of acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Working collaboratively with the project team and end users to ensure timely and effective testing of the products.
- Understanding of technical requirements and working with tech leads, analysts and developers to help shape the most optimal solution.
- Understanding of guidelines, standards and best practices to be used in software development.
- Maintain a keen interest in technology trends and provide recommendations concerning the future technology roadmap of the team.
- Work closely and collaboratively with project stakeholders and other members of the team to support User Acceptance Testing and end-to-end integration testing to ensure business requirements are realised.
- Write code and test automation to a high standard with a good understanding of design patterns, practices and how to design clean maintainable software.
- Good understanding of web applications and exploratory test techniques for GUI and API testing enabling efficient bug discovery and reporting.
- Care about code quality and understand the cost of technical debt in products and test solutions, and apply appropriate patterns to improve maintainability of software.
- Proven problem solver with a track record of implementing solutions.
- Able to take acceptance criteria and requirements and undertake exploratory testing around these without needing to follow scripts.
- Has a good understanding of BDD and where to add value through exploratory and automated testing.
- Exposure to a variety of testing frameworks and tools, such as Mocha, Webdriver, Chai, Supertest. Experience of automation using other test tools also considered.
- Good knowledge of REST API automation as well as end to end GUI.
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, Docker and AWS including ownership or maintenance of test infrastructure and pipelines. Experience with similar technologies such as Team City or Azure also considered.
- Good knowledge of browser debugging tools and effective exploratory testing to find bugs efficiently.
- An understanding of web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JSON would be beneficial.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases would be beneficial such as MySQL and MongoDB.