Opertions Engineer/Windows System Administrator
South West London (SW1V)
£50,000 per annum
Our client in London are currently looking for an Operations Engineer to join the Core Operations Department permanently. There is a very good salary on offer with this role with some fantastic benefits.
Role purpose and overview
Our client has embarked on a modernization program and are now moving to more cloud based solutions, to aid the client with this we are looking for an experienced Windows Systems Administrator who also has experience of cloud technologies and orchestration. The role will be responsible for:
- Providing24/7 support for the server Infrastructure.
- Liaising/working with vendors to resolve issues.
- Providing technical resources to projects to facilitate project delivery.
- Shift based role providing 24x7 support which includes on-call on a rotation basis
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing availability of all servers and server infrastructure within the established standards and guidelines.
- Maintain server golden images.
- Ensure server farm is backed up in accordance with backup policy .
- Proactively monitor the server farm to reduce outage to a minimum.
- Keep all Team members up to date with effective documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Working on projects introducing new technologies and workflows into business as usual (BAU) operations.
- Gain a full understanding of server infrastructure.
- Gain a full understanding of print production and their associated workflows.
- Automate processes and workflows where possible. (winops approach).
- Working with IT staff as appropriate to determine root cause, solutions and service improvements.
- Work closely with the various operational teams as well as 3rd party vendors and service delivery partners.
Essential skills required for the role
- Have a passion for customer service with 5+ years of system admin experience.
- Experienced in the following Operating Systems: Windows Server, Active Directory.
- Proven troubleshooting skills in Windows environments.
- Microsoft certified (MCSE)
- Strong knowledge of Citrix.
- Experienced in the use of AppSence
- Experienced in the use of SCCM
- Knowledge of Windows Patch Management
- VMware certified. (VCP).
- Knowledge of SAN technologies (EMC).
- Knowledge of scripting in powershell.
- Knowledge of cloud orchestration. (Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins, GIT, PowerShell DSC, GCP Administration,gcloud, gsutil)
- Knowledge of the Atlassian Suite in particular Jira and Confluence.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Macintosh OS.
- Jamf Pro
- Fujitsu server blade administration
- Redhat Linux
- ITIL Foundation
- Project Management experience (Agile delivery)
If you think you have the skills required, please apply to the opportunity and I will be in touch ASAP. Alternatively, if you know someone who may fit this role, please feel free to pass on my details.