London, City of London - Greater London
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
My client is looking for someone who understands, or is keen to learn, the importance of cutting edge cloud architectures and working practices. Then use this knowledge to support the company through a new cloud focused technology strategy. Working in a combination of Symfony 2 and in house MVC frameworks you will be required to support development through the maintenance of the existing complex system, developing your skill to supporting our future cloud based platform.
Role Responsibilities - PHP Developer
- Work within an Agile team to develop, deliver and maintain the systems with PHP5, the in-house framework, Symfony 2, Silex, and others when chosen.
- Support Senior Developers with problem identification, problem solving and information gathering
- Report building in SQL
- Maintaining a high-quality code base, documenting code as you develop
- Supporting the global user-base of clients and staff
- Support the business with simple front-end changes to HTML and CSS
- Desire to learn and drive to advance career in development
- Experience in stages of the development lifecycle, and considerable exposure to Open Source technologies and tools
- Understanding of OOP and MVC design pattern
- Experience with PHP5+, outside of a framework of +1 year
- Knowledge of HTTP and request verbs
- Knowledge of pure HTML, CSS2/3 and DOM manipulation
- Experience of working with relational databases, in particular MySQL, of +1 year
- Fundamental SQL skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled problem solving
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.