Release Manager - Software Development Lifecycle
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Technology is at the heart of everything we do and you’ll play a key role in facilitating our ongoing success. In return for your hard work, you’ll receive great benefits, as well as the chance to advance your career and grow, both personally and professionally.
As the Release Manager, you will schedule, co-ordinate and manage all releases across the enterprise.
Working collaboratively with the Software Development Team, you’ll support the management and deployment of releases into production and controlled environments.
Additionally, you will manage risks and resolve any issues that may impact release scope, schedule and quality.
Your other duties will involve:
- Communicating release schedules, commitments, changes and content to all relevant parties
- Managing usage of different environments to avoid conflict
- Managing relationships with stakeholders
- Monitoring progress to ensure that releases meet and exceed expectations
- Leading and co-ordinating go-live activities
- Providing post-release reviews, metrics and lessons learned
To be considered, you will need:
- At a minimum, six years’ experience of information systems operations
- At least three years’ release and/or project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Strong leadership skills
- General IT knowledge, including an in-depth understanding of the MS suite of applications
- The demonstrable ability to co-ordinate cross-functional work teams towards task completion
- Experience within the Finance or Insurance Markets would highly desirable
- Analytical and deadline-oriented, as the Release Manager, you’ll have excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving. Superb time-management, planning and prioritisation abilities are also key.
- A solid understanding of project management principles would be beneficial, as would an ITIL qualification
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more please apply and you will be contacted immediately.