London, South East
£80,000 - £85,000 per annum
Senior Database Administrator - SQL Server MongoDB
As the Senior Database Administrator (DBA) you will be responsible for database operations and continuous improvement, to provide expert advice and guidance on database management good practice. Driving operational excellence to ensure systems remain highly available, reliable and resilient.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in your field and be able to share this with others to drive delivery of team objectives through to completion.
As the Senior Database Administrator, you will have close working relationships with other DBA’s, adding value by providing 1st class support to our development teams and exploiting technologies to deliver value. Whilst also, contributing to the wider WebOps team to ensure delivery of Team Objectives, providing expert advice for SQL Server / Mongo DB. You will approach everything from the prospective of the customer and work proactively and reactively to maintain stable, scalable and secure systems so that great outcomes for our customers can be delivered.
Skills Needed - Senior DBA - SQL Server MongoDB
• Expert working with SQL Server and MongoDB
• In-depth knowledge and application of performance monitoring and tuning, back-up and restore strategies and replication techniques.
• In-depth experience in operational support covering upgrades, patching and general trouble shooting
• Expert in developing and delivering database good practice
• Strong Linux skills to allow monitoring of performance and diagnosis of issues and including the ability to write and maintain shell scripts
• Strong experience of Cloud infrastructure, including automation scripting techniques
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willing to be part of an on-call team providing 24/7 support