Senior Network Engineer/Architect
£95,000 per annum
Our client, based in London Bridge, is looking for a Network Professional ideally with previous experience working in the Financial Services sector, to work on a permanent basis.
Please see below the requirements for the role.
- Experience and knowledge in IP & MPLS network, Strong Network Routing Protocols, Strong experience and knowledge in Cloud & Data Centre solutions
- Proven hands-on network engineering & operations experience including Juniper, F5, Cisco
- JNCIE-JNCIP or CCIE or equivalent
- Knowledge of JUNOS and Juniper SRX, QFX, MX and EX -series products very desirable
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Experience in network function virtualization (NFV) and/or software defined network (SDN)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture, on-premises and cloud IT environments
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent experience in Cisco/Juniper
- ITIL experience
- Strong technical competencies resulting from previous working experience at expert level within an IT operational or support environment.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Virtualisation, containers, Kubernetes knowledge and experience desired
- Passionate about SDN and enabling Self-service Dev environments
- 09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, plus out of hours for escalation on critical business impacting issues
- Excellent succinct but detailed communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with technical and business resources, driven but courteous
- Strong analytical/fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail
- Flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing tasks, shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, deadline pressures
- Collaborative team member with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Focus on customer experience and service delivery
If you think you have the skills required, or you know someone who might, please feel free to get in touch.